Lucky Number Seven


Lucky Number Seven

Or

Filling the Clock

Hello all, I have exciting news to share with you. I have just published my latest book, “The Written Word."




This is my fifth book published in English, and my seventh book published to date, with two previous titles published in Spanish. In this instance, I suppose you could call it my lucky number seven.


Life has thrown me some curve balls this year. I am very late in publishing this book. However, I give myself a year to publish each book. I knew that, if I could get it published by New Year’s Eve, I’d be in good stead.

I’m already at work on next year’s book, title upcoming.

My first book, “I am Hope”, was published in 2014. It surprises me that now, five years later, I am publishing my seventh book.

Back when I was a writer dreaming of publishing my work, I started with one book. It literally took baby steps to get the job done. The possibilities loomed ahead of me; for months I was plagued with self-doubt. I keep thinking, “I’ll publish when I’m ready.” I finally realized that it was never going to happen until I made it happen. 

It’s almost like standing alongside a swimming pool. A person can jump in, or they can  stand to the side, contemplating everything that could go wrong. Sooner or later, we all have to get into the pool if we want to take a swim. Getting in to the pool is the key. The act of doing makes you ready. 

I finally decided to take my chances, come what may. With that I jumped into the pool feet first, ready to sink or swim. To my delight I began swimming, which I knew I could do. 

I knew I could do it. I just had to give myself the chance.


Once I had published my first book, I set out to work on the next. It was a series of baby steps to get to the next book, and to the next, and the next again.

When I had written and published three books, I dreamed of creating a book clock. I had seen this idea online, and was instantly drawn to it. In a book clock, the numbers are replaced by books, like shown here:


picture source: https://imgur.com/a/KUyfg

Now that I was a published author, I thought of creating a book clocks with the books I have published.

With my first book, “I am Hope” in the 12 o’clock position, I am now halfway done with my clock. 




In the months and years ahead, I look forward to continuing to write, publishing more books, and to filling the clock. 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for accompanying me on this journey. Thank you for reading my letters to the moon, for having this conversation with me in this sacred space. I could not have done this without you.



© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved







Comments