Journals

Journals

(A Letter to the Moon)

Hi there Luna, How are you? How are things? I was so surprised to see you a couple of weeks ago. You looked absolutely gorgeous! I stopped the moment I saw you-I smiled and said hello. It caught me off guard to see you, as the sun had not yet set. There you were in a bright blue sky, in all of your full phase glory! It was a sight to see. You were a sight to see.

Things have been going well for me. I've not mentioned this, but I've begun a new writing project-journaling. I began about ten months ago, when I transitioned into the supervisor position at my job. I journal every weekend, writing about the week that has been. I write about things that happened, things I learned, and more.

Now that I have been journaling for so many months, I have several notebooks full of my writing. I never planned to make it a project per se; I never planned to continue it for this amount of time. Now that I have written so much, I'm unsure of what to do with it. I normally write on a computer, as I'm doing now. I'm not used to having notebooks full of writings.

Over the past week, I've been on vacation. I've purged a lot of items from my home. I spent the better part of a week eliminating clutter. I've also taken time to reorganize my closets, pantry, kitchen drawers, pantry, as I am prone to do every year. Once I had gathered things I no longer wanted or needed, I took those items to my local donation center.

But then came the question of the notebooks, and my journaling. I can't donate those, they are full of writing. I thought about transposing them, so I would have them in a document on my computer. However, the thought of transposing them seems a daunting prospect. As such I've decided to keep these journals, for now. They're a time capsule if you will, 
a snapshot of a particular time in my life. Who knows, they might be helpful to me in the future. Or, I might destroy the pages later, when I'm sure they serve no purpose.

I wrote some time ago about my struggle with my work/life balance. As I am no longer in the supervisor position, things have improved, to a degree.  Yet, things are so busy at work. I no longer have much downtime at work, and therefore have little time to write. (The current moment is an exception.) 

However, my writing is still important to me. In the spare time I do have, I've been working on my next book. I look forward to creating a better work/life balance, to allow more time to write, and not just in my private journals that no one will ever read.

Well my friend, I will let you go. It's been so good to talk to you. Thank you for listening. I've missed you. 

Write soon,
           -E

"Journals" by Esperanza Habla


Comments