Hello Luna

Hello Luna, 
 
My dear friend, how are you? How have you been? I hope you've been well. 
 
I'm sorry I've not written in so long. I've been hard at work on my next book. The working title is: "Ultraviolet." I'm a little behind, in comparison to last year. But, I have plenty of time left this year to still get it done.

Luna, my friend, I have so much to share with you. But, I haven't written you because I haven't felt safe to do so.
 
It sounds foolish, to say that I haven't felt safe to write to you. After all, we've been friends for years. I know I can trust you. I feel safe telling you anything and everything. It has nothing to do with you, please know that. This was all about me. I haven't felt safe at all of late. 
 
I haven't shared this with you, Luna, because, honestly, I didn't know how. I can't go into any detail right now, as the situation is not resolved. I haven't felt safe to share what happened at all.
 
In truth, my personal safety was recently compromised. It's such a difficult thing to define at times, the concept of "personal safety." But I assure you Luna, once that safety has been breached, it then becomes all too easy to define.
 
In the last few months I have felt unmoored, anxious, stressed, and inherently unsafe. My safety was compromised. This is a profound, visceral, primal need we have, to feel and be completely safe in our surroundings. I was so shaken by what happened, I didn't feel safe anywhere.
 
Yet, things are improving. I don't feel as unsafe as I did when the incident first happened. Still, I need to ensure my safety, which I am working on.
 
I'm sorry Luna, I don't meant to be so cryptic. It's not my intention to not be forthcoming, to not share this with you. I haven't told many in my life what happened. And in all honesty, I don't feel comfortable talking about it at this time, as it's still unresolved. Once things are resolved, I'll feel comfortable talking about what happened. 
 
My friends and family have been amazing in this time. When you reach out in a moment of help, you quickly find out who your people are, the people who will do anything to protect you at a moment's notice. 
 
Things are getting better, Luna. A resolution is coming. Things will all work out in the end. I have faith. 
 
In the meantime, I'm doing everything I can to ensure my personal safety permanently. I understand that that's an oxymoron, or contradiction in terms, "permanent safety." My life is never going to be one hundred percent safe. None of our lives are. That’s a scary thing to realize, to think about, and to come to terms with.
 
Well, I should bring this letter to a close. I will write as soon as I can, once I have resolution to this issue. In the meantime, know that I am safe and well, and working to ensure my safety, now and in the future.
 
Take care Luna. Much love,
 -E





Comments