Decima

Decima

(A Letter to the Moon)

Hi there Luna, How are you? How are things? I hope you are well. I saw you in your Super Blue Moon phase the other night. You looked incredible! I took some pictures, but it didn't do you justice.

"Super Blue Moon 2023" by Esperanza Habla

I'm so excited to speak to you today, Luna. I have big news to share. I'm writing to let you know that my latest book, "Moons of the Year", has just been published! It is my tenth book to date.

I spent a great deal of time on this book, as I do on every book. However, as I had the greatest difficulty with my last book, "A Part of History", I began working on this one in the latter months of 2022.
 
This book is unlike any I have ever written in that it is a special edition, written in two parts. Part one contains the writings from the year 2017. Part two contains the “Moons of the Year”, a writing series I did the same year.
 
Every full moon of every month of the year has a different name, based on an animal, plant, or weather phenomenon. In doing my research, I found many names were based on the traditions of the Indigenous Peoples of the land that is now the United States. In doing my research, I learned that cultures around the world have various names for the moon, and accompanying celebrations!
 
Another aspect of this book that I’m so proud about is the new font I used. I normally use Georgia for the main font, Arial for pieces with an introduction piece, Lucinda Calligraphy for the book titles at the top of the page, and Times New Roman for Table of Contents. With this book, however, I was able to introduce a new font-Dancing Script.

This is the font that is featured in my logo for my business, La Luna Press, L.L.C. 

For years I’ve tried to include the font into my books, and was unable to do so. However, technology improves over time, and it’s now possible! I’m so excited to get to include this new font into my work. I used it in the Table of Contents, for the book title on every page, and more. I’m absolutely thrilled that it worked! You’ll have to read it and let me know what you think.

To think that this is my tenth book, it’s just staggering to me. In thinking of my writing career, I began writing in 2010. I created my first blog, “Words of Hope” in 2011.
https://esperanzahabla.blogspot.com/

I began this blog in 2012. I created my publishing company, La Luna Press, L.L.C. in 2013. I published my first book, “I am Hope” in 2015. This is my tenth book to date. I’ve published 10 books in 8 years!!

I can’t believe the project is over. It’s finally done! I’ve worked so hard on this title, for months on end. Publishing books is an all-encompassing project. Much like the notes in a piece of music, everything seen on the page of a book has been placed there with purpose. The spacing, margins, quotes, punctuation marks, photographs, captions, page numbers, title headings, everything is placed with purpose. If it’s not right, I notice it, and obsess over fixing it. I probably could have spent a couple more months working on this book. I want to get it absolutely right! It’s been a true labor of love, as I am wont to say.

It’s been interesting for me as a reader of books. The editor hat I put on, when editing my own books, always comes out as I read other books. I can’t count the number of errors I’ve found in books I've read. Even the Hamilton tome has two errors in it!

I’m so excited it’s out for the world to read. The book is available now, exclusively on Amazon, one of the few places in the United States where books aren’t banned. ;)

So now that this book is done, what’s next? My response: a bit of rest before starting the new project, title to be determined. Look for it next year.

Until next time, take care my friend. Thank you for sharing this milestone with me. 

 

 Speak soon,
                 -E


 

Comments