Holiday Newsletter 2023

Hello friends and family, I hope this missive finds you well. Here we are at the end of the year. I’m glad to see the year come to an end. It’s been a roller coaster year for me, complete with exciting highs and stomach-churning lows. Here are some of the highlights and lowlights:
 
The first low of the year was my front door being destroyed by teenage girls in my building. (Long story-about 3 years long.) Thankfully the replacement was covered by my insurance as a vandalism claim. It was approved in March, and the door was installed in June. Finally! :)
 
In August there was a high point to the year: a trip to visit with my parents in Maryland! It was a great time visiting with them and seeing their new senior living community. It’s a very nice place, and they have everything they need right in their community, which I’m grateful for. :)
 
In September, another high point: I published my tenth book! “Moons of the Year” is a two-part special edition collection of writing from the year 2017. Copies can be found exclusively on Amazon. :)
 
The next low point of the year came in October: I had an “overwhelm event” in the plumbing of my home. The damage was extensive, to my kitchen and main bathroom. Miraculously, neither the neighbor below me, nor the neighbor behind me, were affected. Thankfully I was fully covered by insurance. While it was a traumatic experience to live through, for Jazz, Blues, and I, the restorations turned out beautifully. The house is now filled with a newfound sense of peace & calm, which the girls and I love.

Another high point: this year marks my 30 years of employment with my library system. At a recent staff event, I received an award marking this achievement. I’m proud of my 30 years of service to the organization.
 
Another high point of the year: decorating for Christmas! When the restoration was completed, I began decorating. I did a little at a time, of course-I still had to put my entire house back together! I put up the tree on November 10, a month to the day from the “overwhelm event.” It was my way of marking the project complete, & that everything was back to a newer, better normal. I plan to celebrate this holiday season with a grateful prayer and a thankful heart. (Blatant Muppet Christmas Carol reference.) ;)
 
While there have been more highs than lows this year, I’ve learned lessons with each one. I’m now filled with gratitude to have a home, to know that the house is safe and sound, and that my girls and I are sheltered safe within it. I’m grateful for the peace and calm in my home. That’s what my home is: a place of peace.

I’m thankful for the lows of this year-they’ve taught me to cherish the highs. I’m also thankful for the highs of this year-they’ve taught me that I can survive the lows. What more can a gal ask for? More highs, less lows. ;)
 
Cheers to the year that has been. Cheers to the New Year to come. Pleased to meet you, 2024.



Comments