Coleman

I am a firm believer of paying back a kindness. If someone has helped me, given me guidance and mentorship, I feel compelled to do the same for others. A while back, I featured a talented photographer, Kristina McKune.

I would now like to feature another artist. His name is Larry E. Coleman. He has written many screenplays and published several self-help books, including: “The Black Man’s Little Book of Success Secrets”, “How to Stop Hatin’ Yo Babby’s Momma: a Spiritual and Emotional Guide for Non-Custodial Fathers”, “We the People of Colors: For Sale to the Lowest Bidder”, “How to Avoid a Stupid Man: a Woman’s Guide to Attracting Her Soul Mate.”

When I began to write, I shared my work with a few of my online friends. Another friend I shared my writing with is Larry. We first met and interacted at my local library. Through our discussions, I found out he wrote and published his books himself. When I began writing poetry on my first blog, Words of Hope, the blog was private. It was Larry who read my first works on the blog and encouraged me to open up my blog to the world.

Here we are, four years later. I now have two blogs of my writings, I have a worldwide audience of readers in over 40 countries, I now own my own publishing company, La Luna Press, and I am about to publish my first book. Larry has been a mentor for me throughout every step of this journey. Needless to say I would not be where I am today as an artist without his guidance. It is the least I can do to give him a platform, to pay back his mentorship.

Being a mentor comes naturally to Larry. In fact, one of his current projects is to help those who are looking for employment through creating an astral chart for that person, letting their planets and stars help guide them to where they need to be. That is just one of his current projects. He can tell you more.

Ladies and gentlemen, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Larry E. Coleman…..


I've been called many things in my life: creative, talented, friendly, responsible, professional, a screenwriter, a songwriter, an author, an astrologer, a producer and also a few other choice words whenever I ruffled someone's feathers, but I'd like to be remembered as someone who loved people and someone who loved exploring his own creativity.  

My creative urge started with music. I learned to play drums at the age of 9, switch to bass guitar at 14, and then on to rhythm guitar and keyboards at 21. I went on to write many songs, some of which were picked up by music publishers and even did a solo project in 2005 before honing my skills in writing; writing was something I dreamed of doing since I was a teenager. 

Since I chose the human and social services field as an occupation, my dream of writing culminated with the desire to begin writing self-help books for men and women who were having difficulty with co-dependency, failed relationships, and child custody matters. This desire also led to the creation of Crowner-Coleman Publishing, a small press specializing in self-help material. From there my writing led me into writing fiction and screenplays.  

It has been in this area of screenplays where I have been focusing my efforts of late and I'm currently running a crowd funding campaign to shoot the first of what I hope to be many movies in the city of Indianapolis.  For more information on how to support the comedy film, "The Paper Cup Movie" and casting opportunities, please click on the links below. Thank you.






Comments