About Me

It has come to my attention that not all of my pages are appearing on this blog, as they had done in the past. So, I decided to write and tell you a little bit about me.

My pen name is Esperanza Habla. That is not my real name; that is the name I use to share my writings. In English, this name translates to "Hope Speaks." My real first name is Hope, and I have a lot to say. I grew up in a family with a Mother and a Father and five children. I am the last child, and I am an adopted child.

My home is the United States of America. I work in a library in my city and have been with the same library organization for nineteen years. Before working in a library, I went to university and received a degree in Music History and Literature.

I began writing four years ago. My friends introduced writing to me as a means of self-expression. I wrote my earliest poems and shared them with those friends. Because some of these friends spoke Spanish, I began learning Spanish on my own, to communicate with them. I had taken Spanish classes when I was in the university; however it had been over a decade since I had any instruction in the language. As I wrote, I translated the poems into Spanish, to share my writing with those friends.

When I heard my friends’ positive comments on my writing, I thought they were being nice to me, and just telling me what they thought I wanted to hear. But no, I was wrong. These friends recognized the gift of writing in me that I did not even know that I had. They could see the talent in me that I could not. With their encouragement I wrote more and more, and shared my writing with them.

As I continued to write I found other writers around the world. I worked with a few writers to translate their written works, in Spanish and Castilian, into English.

After a while, I had amassed many written works. I then created my first poetry blog, “The Words of Hope.” Readers in countries around the world began to read my writings, in Spanish and English. 
http://www.esperanzahabla.blogspot.com/

I continued to write amidst writing projects with other writers. As I wrote, my confidence grew; I attained the label “Poet.” As my poetry continued to grow, I earned, and was referred to, by more labels: “Writer”, “Blogger”, “Author”, “Translator”, and “Artist.” I have been fortunate in that I have made friends with artists in many professions, from around the world. I am honored to be in their company and to be called "Artist."

In January of 2013, I launched this blog. I decided to create a new blog because the format had changed. This blog has a translation feature, which translates the writing here into the reader’s language. There are more than 60 languages to choose from. It was important to me that people be able to read my writing in their language. There may be errors in translation, or nuances of language. However, the computer can offer more translations than I ever could.

Truth be told, it was a wonderful choice, to create this blog. I had over 15,000 visits to this blog in the first year. I have now reached the milestone of having 20,000 visits to this blog, from readers in over 60 countries.

As I continued to write, I had the dream to be a published author. In April of 2013 I founded my own publishing company, La Luna Press. Since then I have worked to get books of my poetry ready for publication. I will shortly publish the first book of poetry: “I am Hope”. After that, two more collections of poetry, “The Bigger Picture”, and “Symphonies.”

I am also working on my first novel, “Samantha.” The plot is a common one, “boy meets girl, girl meets boy, girl falls in love.” As I am still writing it, I do not know when it will be published. As a friend told me, “It does not matter when you finish it. Just finish it.” I intend to do just that.

In the meantime I have built a personal website: www.esperanzahabla.com

I have also created a website for my publishing company, La Luna Press: www.lalunapress.com

I can also be found on social media:

    La Luna Press Page: https://www.facebook.com/lalunapress





So that is my story, all there is to know about me. Thank you for being here, for reading my words and thoughts, and for being part of my journey.
Poet, Author, Writer, Blogger, Publisher, Translator, Artist, Esperanza Habla

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved

Comments