Serenity

Long week at work. Days full of stress and tension. Glad the day is over.

(Yawn)

I am simply exhausted. Maybe a warm bath will help me feel better.


I leave my body and go on autopilot. I enter the bathroom without turning on the light. I turn the water on to “hot”. 
I play peaceful music on my mp3 device. I sit in the bathtub, lean back, and close my eyes.

The hot water feels good to me. It swims around my body as it fills the tub.

The room is filled with dulcet musical tones that lull me into a meditative state. As the water flows into the tub, stress and tension flow out of me. As the tub fills with water, I am filled with calm and peace.

Every ounce of stress has left my body. I now feel truly relaxed.

In this moment of bliss I found what my body had been screaming for, what my spirit had been yearning for, what I most needed all along……….

                             ….serenity.



Comments