My Very First Book

"Writing a book of poetry is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon 
and waiting for the echo."-Don Marquis, poet

Why did I begin to write? That is a long story. I feel that, looking back on my life, I have always been a writer; however, 
I never actually knew it. My life as a writer began four years ago. I was 39 years old, new to writing, and very insecure in my writing abilities. However I had a small circle of friends that I trusted. I also had a new muse come into my life in the guise of love. I wrote and shared my writing with my friends and my muse. As I continued to be inspired, I continued to write. I have not stopped since.

A few months after I began writing poetry, I decided to create a blog to share my writing. However, I did not have the courage to share my writing under my real name. I had to come up with a pen name. Thus Esperanza Habla was born. Translated from the Spanish language, it means “Hope Speaks.” My real name is Hope, and I have a lot to say. With the creation of my pen name and the support of my friends, I began my first blog of poetry in 2011, called “The Words of Hope.” I wrote and shared my poetry in English and Spanish. In 2013 I created this new blog, “Letters to the Moon”, which enables the reader to translate my writing into their language. To date I have had over 23,000 visits to the blog from readers in more than 60 countries. Also in 2013 I created my own publishing company, La Luna Press.

“I am Hope” is my first collection of poetry. I view it as more than a book, more than a collection of poetry; I view it as a time capsule of that time of my life. Nothing is the same as it was then. My life has been changed forever. Many poems in this book were shared privately; none of those poems have ever been shared with the public. Until now.

I am Hope. Come read what I have to say.


“I am Hope”, from La Luna Press, sold as an electronic book, in PDF format, exclusively in the Silence Community store. Click the link below to order. 




Comments