Lessons from the year 2014

Another year has come to an end. I have accomplished so much this year. Not everything I wanted to accomplish, yet still a great deal. I got the electronic version of my first book, “I am Hope”, published. It was a monumental accomplishment. 
I am proud that I was able to achieve my goal. In the New Year I will soon publish the print version of the book. While 
I wanted it to get done this year, I know everything will happen it is own time.


As I look forward to all that the New Year brings, I cannot help but look back on the year that has been. I have learned much from this last year. Here is some of what I have learned…..

*Purging your house of unwanted and unneeded items cleanses your environment as well as your spirit.

*I never want to have another thirty year winter storm in my lifetime.

*I must be patient until my muse shows up.

*The creation of art is very much a gestational, birthing process.

*While I love that I can write to express myself, I know I am not ready to die for my art.

*There is beauty all around. It does not always need filtering.

*I got the moon on my birthday. What an amazing gift.

*I have taken my eyesight for granted in the past. Not anymore.

*Artists are truly blessed with the gift of immortality. I will live through my words long after I am gone.

*Sometimes it is good to share a little about yourself with your audience.

*When a force of nature becomes still, the universe weeps.

*Serenity is hard to come by some days.

*It is easy to talk the talk. But, sometimes, to truly demonstrate your beliefs, you have to walk the walk.

*As some in my state called it, “Hell hath frozen over.” And it was about time.

*It took fifteen months, but my very first book was worth the wait.

*Where can you find inspiration? You never know.

*Social media sites, the internet age, needs a code of ethics.

*When an unstoppable source of energy stops, the universe weeps.

*My cats, Jazz and Blues, are loving their new found fame.

*If you could write a letter to your younger self, what would you write?

*Does a poem have to rhyme? No, not all the time.

*Women should earn the same money as men for doing the same job. The time has come.

*Writing a work of fiction, creating an entire universe from nothing, is as meticulous a job as putting together an intricate mosaic.

*I think I finally know how to meditate.

*Surviving the death of a loved one can be a cruel process. You must give yourself time to truly grieve and heal.

*The holidays are only stressful if we let them be.

 *The written word is of utmost importance.


I await the New Year and welcome its promise and success and possibilities. I find myself feeling thankful, for everything 
I have learned, every challenge I have faced, every moment of adversity I have overcome. I am also thankful to you for accompanying me on this journey.


I wish you a happy, healthy 2015. May we all have wonderful lessons in the New Year.




Comments