The Golden Circle

It is not every day that I have a full circle moment. However, when they happen, they make it all worthwhile. A full circle moment is where something comes back to you. It is the completion of a cycle; it is a moment of resolution. It is a return to the beginning at what was once the end. Full circle moments are a rare phenomenon. However, some full circle moments stand out from the rest. Some are so precious that they deserve to be shared.

I recently had a wonderful conversation with an online friend of mine. Actually, this person was my first online friend. To tell you a little about him, this person is a fellow writer, artist, and master of many art forms. In the early days of our friendship, in a way to get to know one another better, he shared some of his writings with me.  After reading some of his poetry, I was inspired to begin writing myself. I then began to write, and share my writings with him. My friend was always very supportive of my writing, and always encouraged me to continue writing.

He and I met seven years ago. Since then I have continued to write. I write, I blog, I translate, and run my own publishing company. I have published two books in English, and one in Spanish.

Shortly before Christmas, this friend had ordered one of each of my three books. I shipped the books to my friend, and then wrote to let him know the books were on the way. When the books arrived, he was overjoyed. He told me that he would read each poem in each of the three books separately, one at a time, with great detail and attention.

That was several weeks ago now. Then this week, my friend wrote me again. He told me that he has absolutely loved reading my books. In fact, he reads them with his daughter every evening. They read a poem together; they discuss what the poem means, what feelings and thoughts are conveyed in the poem, and how the poem made her feel.

It felt wonderful to hear that he has created a bonding experience in reading with his daughter, knowing that it was my books that were being read. I can picture the two of them sitting and reading together. That is a heartwarming image, a parent reading with their child. It is an overwhelming image to see a parent and child reading a book you wrote and published.

My friend then remarked that his daughter loves my books. In fact, reading my poetry has inspired her to write poetry of her own. That was wonderful to hear. I had to take a moment and reflect on the profundity and enormity of what my friend had just said.

Reading my poetry had inspired my friend’s daughter to begin to write poetry. This coming from one of the first friends 
I trusted enough to share my writing with. And now reading my writing has inspired his daughter to begin writing herself. That was the full circle moment.

I cannot adequately describe the feelings that struck me as I came to this realization. I have had other moments such as these, full circle moments, in which someone has been inspired by something I have written. I have friends that have followed my example and have created their own business. I have friends that have begun their journey to becoming an author after witnessing my journey. While learning of those moments was completely fulfilling, they cannot compare to this. They were separate, distinct, full circle moments.

This full circle moment with my friend and his daughter is unique in that it is within the original circle. It is so rare and precious that you might call it a golden circle, if you will. The circle from which all that followed originated. I read his writing, he inspired me to write; his daughter read my writing, I am now the inspiration for her to write.

I thanked my friend profusely for sharing all of that with me. I write this now as a further means of conveying my thanks. 
I look forward to the future, publishing more books of my poetry, and reading the writings of others. Perhaps I will shortly be reading a book of poetry written by my friend’s daughter. Perhaps I will inspire others. Perhaps there will be other full circle moments to experience. 

However, none of them will be as rare and as precious to me as the golden circle.

"The Golden Circle" by Esperanza Habla


© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved





Comments