The Dream Project



Dreams are wonderful, magical things. I have thought a great deal about dreams of late. My next book is “The Dream State”:

“Between sleep and wake, I enter the dream state. It is in the dream state that I often have my highest level of creativity, receive the most inspiration. Thoughts, ideas, concepts, words, phrases enter my mind, in a whirlwind of activity.”



I receive the most wonderful thoughts, ideas, inspiration while in the dream state. I ponder whether my subconscious mind is creating these thoughts, or if I am being given the thoughts and dreams from an outside source. I wonder if Calliope, the muse of poetry, comes to me in the dream state, filling my head with thoughts and ideas.


As is often the case, I cannot remember a great deal of my thoughts and ideas once I wake. It’s like trying to hold a sand castle in your hands; try as you might, the sand slips through your fingers.

On my birthday this year, I was given a dream journal. I keep the book on my bedside table, with a pen at the ready.


It is a common thing among artists and creative people, to keep a notebook on their bedside table to write down thoughts and inspiration. Composers write music in their sleep. Filmmakers make movies in their sleep. Writers write in our dreams. Here is a video clip of Paul McCartney explaining how he wrote “Yesterday” in a dream…

To date, I have only written down one dream in the journal. In thinking on it, I wake several times a night; perhaps I need to write down the dreams as soon as I have dreamt them, while they are fresh in my mind.

I will continue to work within the pages of this journal, to fill it with my dreams. I will give myself a year at the outset, to allow myself ample time for writing.

It should prove fascinating, to read about the adventures of my psyche while in slumber. 
I wonder what universes I will explore, what alternate dimensions I will visit, what different levels my subconscious will travel through.

I look forward to the future, to reading the dreams contained within the journal. If they are of any interest, I will publish them for the world to read. They will be gathered and presented in literary form, in a work known as “The Dream Project.”

“Dreams are as simple or as complicated as the dreamer.”-Brian Herbert


“Astral Voyage” by Josephine Wall


Comments