Christmas Newsletter 2018


Hello everyone, Happy Christmas to you! Peace to one and all! I hope this Christmas missive finds you well.  I hope you’ve had a wonderful year.

2018 has been amazing year for me. This year I published my 6th book: “The Dream State”, which was collaboration with my niece-in-law. She provided the cover photography, as well as a passage in the book.


In library news, my library branch has been in its current location for 48 years. This year, it was chosen to receive a new building. The new library is being constructed from the ground up. Workers broke ground on the project in March of 2018; current projections of open date are spring 2019. My co-workers and I are excited about the transition to, and working in, a brand new library. 

Also, the library system I work for just created an LGBTQ committee. They have partnered with the local Pride office, as well as organizations that work with LGBTQ youth.  It is with great Pride that I now serve as the liaison to the LGBTQ committee for my library branch. It is an assignment that is tailor made for me, as I am demisexual, and a passionate ally to other communities in the LGBTQ acronym.

As I have written before, my most impressive achievement this year was attaining 25 years of service to my library system. It is a rare accomplishment, as many change jobs/companies over the course of their careers. It is also a rare achievement for someone who is only 46 years of age. I am proud of my 25 years of service and look forward to early retirement in a few years.

As for me, I continue live life as a cat mom to my kitties, Jazz and Blues, who are now six years of age. My family is well, and most live within a few hours drive of one another. While I won’t be with them this Christmas season, I hope to be next year.
           
Those are the highlights from the year that has been. Here’s hoping that you, and those you love, have a wonderful, peaceful year to come.

Happy Christmas,

            -E




Comments