Blessed


Life can change in an instant. One moment you are going about your day, not a care in the world, and then wham! 
A sudden impact can send you reeling.


A few weeks ago, I was in a car crash in which a semi-truck ran over me. I cannot divulge the details of what happened that day, as there is an ongoing investigation. While it might sound completely melodramatic, it is no exaggeration when I tell you that I could have been killed in that crash.


The day of the crash I was working a later shift than I normally do, to cover the work schedule for co-workers on vacation. I was not supposed to be where I was that time of day; I would have normally been at work. Yet something-or someone-knew where I was, and spared my life.


After the crash, there were a number of people who stopped to see if I was alright. I confirmed that I was fine, and that the police were on their way. I thanked everyone that inquired about my well-being; it was heart-warming after such an awful ordeal.


The car was a sight, with twisted metal and shattered glass everywhere. That being said, I walked away from the crash unscathed. I did not have a broken bone, a cut from the shattered glass, nor any other injury. I experienced some soreness the following day, on my back, between my shoulders. The pain was minimal, not enough to take pain medication for.


I do not know how I survived the crash, other than to say that it was by the grace of God. I believe that someone was watching over me that day-a guardian angel, a spirit guide, maybe the good Lord above. Whoever spared me, I am truly thankful to be alive.


While it was an awful event, I recognize that both the car crash and my injuries could have been ten times worse. I now live a life of gratitude and thankfulness at the very root of my being.


Life can change in an instant. One moment you are going about your day, not a care in the world, and then wham! 
A sudden impact can send you reeling.


There is only one word I can use to describe my survival of the crash, and my life forevermore: 

               blessed.



Comments