Eternally Grateful

 Hello friend,

How are you? How are things? How are things in your corner of the world? Things are fine in for me.

I have been working a great deal on my next book, “A Part of History.” I have ordered an advance copy, and am scouring through it now. I hope to have it in the coming weeks.


Also of note, I created a book trailer for the book! I’m so pleased with how it turned out.

The other project I’m working on is archiving all my work. A few years ago, I began putting my writings in documents on my computer. To my surprise, the writings in my next book were the farthest I had done! I began saving my work. I needed to get busy!

“A Part of History” contains all my writings from the year 2016. From here on out, each book will contain a calendar year of writing. I have now created documents for my 2017 and 2018 poetry and prose.

It suddenly occurred to me, while working on this new project, what a massive undertaking this is. I’ve been a writer for 12 years! My upcoming book will be the ninth book I’ve published to date, the seventh in English.

Working on my 2017 writings, my 2018 writings, the 2019 writings, and on and on, I was immediately struck at the body of my work. I suddenly saw the bigger picture in my writing. I have a numerous library of works published, and have several more years of writing to gather.

Working on all of my non-published work, I began to wonder, how many pieces have I written and shared on my blog?

I went back to my first blog, “Words of Hope”, which contains writings from 2011 and 2012. There were 117 writings on the blog.

https://esperanzahabla.blogspot.com/

I then looked at this blog, which contains writings from December 2012 to now. Each year averages 20 posts per year. I added up the writings on this blog as well; together, they add up to 300 writings!! Putting all these together, from the first blog and current blog, that’s 417 posts!! To many of you, that might not sound like a lot. For me, that’s a gargantuan amount.

It makes me think about all the writings that I haven’t published-the journal entries I’ve made over the past year and a half. The amount might be over 1,000 if those writings were included in the total!

Thinking about all my writing, it makes me wonder how many words I’ve written in those posts. If we laid the words out, side by side, end to end, it would undoubtedly reach to the moon and back. My mind reels at the expanse of it all.


Looking back on the past twelve years, at my body of work, I’m amazed by it. More than that, I’m astonished by it.

Thinking back on everything I have written and shared, it fills my heart with gratitude. I’m profoundly grateful. I've found my voice in the written world. I’m grateful that I have a platform to share my writing. I'm grateful to be living this experience.

I’m also profoundly grateful to have an audience of readers around the world. Your presence here means everything. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I’m eternally grateful for you.

 


 "Eternally Grateful" by Esperanza Habla

https://linktr.ee/lalunapressllc

 

 


Comments