September Moonlight

September Moonlight
(A Letter to the Moon)

Dear Luna,
            Hello my friend? How are you? How are things? How is Sally? In case she didn’t get my message, please let her know that I received her shoes. They are a perfect fit, and will be just what I need for the journey ahead. :)

            I wanted to write you after seeing you in the night sky the other night. You looked amazing! Were you a super moon this month? I saw you before you went into your full phase. Still, you were gorgeous. You took my breath away. :)

            How are things in your corner of the universe? Things are going well for me here. I just had a week of vacation, and came back to work relaxed and well rested. I had a very productive vacation, and got a lot done while I was off. That being said, I had time to rest and relax and do absolutely nothing. That’s my favorite thing to do you know, absolutely nothing. ;)

           I joke with friends and family that my life goal on weekends-and vacations-is to imitate my cats. They eat, sleep, and laze about, soaking in every glorious moment of relaxation and slumber. I even do a slow, drawn out stretch with my arms like cats do. It feels amazing! ;)

         One of the things I accomplished on vacation was work on my next book! It’s called “A Part of History”; it contains all of my writings from the year 2016. The title comes from the day that my parents, my brother and I went to the opening of the National Museum of African American History and Culture. It was an amazing day, which was shared with over 25,000 of my closest friends. ; )

"National Museum of African American History and Culture" by Esperanza Habla

         I really am excited to be progressing on my book. I ordered a proof, an advanced copy, of the book. As I am a visual learner, it helps a great deal to have the project in book form, to hold in your hand, and see what needs to be changed. I have done an initial edit, and am now working on the second. Sometimes I do three, or even four edits, before a book is ready to publish. But if that’s what it takes, I’m willing to put in the effort.

         I’m sorry I have been so out of touch of late Luna. I’ve discovered a wonderful world of streaming resources, with content (TV shows and movies) on platforms like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, Discovery Plus, Disney Plus, and more. There are so many wonderful TV shows and movies on streaming platforms now. My recent favorites are "Only Murders in The Building", seasons 1 and 2, on Hulu, "Julia" on HBO MAX, and "The Sound of Magic" on Netflix. Oh, and I eagerly await the debut of "Hocus Pocus 2" on Disney Plus later this month. :)

       Even though I fill the majority of my free time with streaming content, I still take time to write. I journal once a week, if not more often. I don't share these writings with others, so I know I seem completely out of touch. Believe me when I say that is not my intention. I write whenever the mood strikes, whenever I have something important to write about. I guess nothing has been that important, or newsworthy in my life of late. I guess that's a good thing. ;)

        In the meantime, if you ever want to get in touch with me, I’m on all the social media platforms. Well, most of the social media platforms. You can find me under my universal handle: @lalunapressllc

            I also have a new website, so you can find me on my social media accounts:

Come check me out. I’d love to see you sometime.

In the meantime, stay tuned for news on my next book. I hope to have it out in the coming weeks.

Take care, Luna.
 
Peace and love,
            -E



 

Comments