The Writer's Eye

It seems that writers look at the world differently than others do, with a detailed eye. Each writer has their own unique view of the world, their own unique eye that helps them see, perceive, detect.  Each eye is as unique and varied as the writers themselves. Some writer's eyes are like kaleidoscopes, some are like magnifying glasses, mirrors, even indigo colored glasses.

Once the writer discovers their eye, it then becomes a tool for examining themselves and the world around them. It is a wonderful tool of self-expression, self-exploration, knowledge of the self. The writer is then blessed with enhanced clarity, vision, wisdom and insight into themselves, their friends, loved ones, patterns, behaviors, pathologies, even the world itself.
 
The writer’s eye does help us writers understand the world around us, and our place in it. We do see the world differently. I see myself differently. It has been a profound resource for me. Before I found my eye, it was like I was looking at the world through a peephole in a door. The door has opened, and I am met with a massive view of the world. My eyes have adjusted to the once blinding light. I can now use the eye I have been given, to see the world, and within.

The writer’s eye is an immense gift. I don’t know why or how I got it. But I’m sure glad I have it.

 
"...I submit to you that writers see differently. They see the everyday world differently than do others...”
-Patricia Broderick


“Great shining eyes that gazed beyond the veil of sound and saw behind it the leap and pulse of life and the gigantic phantom of the spirit.”-Jack London

 



 

Comments