Vacation


Hello everyone. I am writing you on one of the last days of my vacation. I have been on vacation from work for a week now. I have had many tasks to get done this week. There were many things I wanted to do as well.

Every day I had a list of chores to do, places to go to, things to purchase, things to return, and other general errands. I also had places I wanted to go to as well-places I hadn't been to in a long time. I decided to split the chores into a daily list; I simply had too many to do. I decided to run errands all morning long, and then relax in the afternoon. (I have had a few ideas for poems to write. You will see the poems here in the coming days.)

One of the things that happened this week was my birthday. I had a wonderful day. Many online friends contacted me that day. Many wrote on my wall in Facebook, many sent me messages; some sent me video messages. It was a spectacular day.

I spent my birthday walking around shopping malls, returning one thing, purchasing others. I wandered around for hours. I didn't wear a watch; I had all the time in the world. To celebrate I treated myself to my favorite pizza at my favorite local pizza place. I also got myself a special treat-a selection of gourmet cupcakes from a local bakery. They were wickedly delicious.

One thing I had to work on this week was establishing my publishing business. I got a Post Office Box at my local Post Office, created the website for the business, and sent in the paperwork to create a business in my state. I have to tell you, it was sort of nerve wracking, getting everything done. It seemed that everything coming together so easily. But, I researched and planned and met with a lawyer who told me what to do every step of the way. So yes it was nerve wracking, but also very exciting.

This week I have also been working on my books of poetry. They are in the editorial stages right now. The front covers have been designed, and I am currently working on getting the fonts correct, the spacing, font sizes, etc.

I also had a photo shoot this week. I had never had a photo shoot before. But, I figure, if I’m going to have a proper book, I should have a proper portrait of myself on the back cover. I will also need photos for my publishing website and for promotional purposes. I was very nervous at first. (I’m not someone who likes to get their picture taken.) But the photographer is a friend of mine. In working with her, she put me right at ease. I think we got some great photos. Time will tell.

Also last week, my fan page in Facebook has been noticed by many authors-some newly published, hoping to be published, aspiring writers, and seasoned authors. I had 30 new people come to my page in Facebook this week. That has been tremendously flattering for me. I read what one of those people said about my poetry; he said: “She writes from the heart.” That made me feel good to read.

So that has been my week-a productive week of running errands, working on my books, establishing my publishing business, and finding time to relax. It has been a very productive vacation. That being said, I’m ready for my next one.

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved

Comments