A Letter to the Little Prince

A few years ago, I met a Little Prince. Not that Little Prince-a Little Clown Prince. This letter is to him.

Hello little prince, my mime friend. We have not talked in quite a while. I trust you are well. How are you enjoying life in the United States? One of your friends informed me that you are living here now. I hope you are having a smooth transition.

I had the chance to see the movie you were in-about the woman who fishes. I will soon be receiving the DVD. It is truly a beautiful film, both visually and in its message. I am proud to have been the first financial backer for the movie. I wish it continued success.

I recently received a message from your friend V. She showed me your latest movie trailer, for the movie you made with her. I remember when you let me read the script, to get my input on the project. I wish you a successful premiere.

A few months ago, a friend of yours brought one of your films to my attention. You will know which film it is-the title is my name. I later spoke to Papa C about it. He was so excited about the project; he thought it was a collaborative project between you and I. I informed him that that was not the case.

I watched the trailer you sent me, for your book. I was impressed. It is different from the original storyboard video you sent me. I was surprised to see my words in the trailer. I was surprised to see the words of Mr. C. as well. I hope sales are going well. I hope the world loves it as I do.

I remember reading the book, thinking that the book was a love letter to our friendship. I still feel the same way. Our friendship will live forever in this book. I am so proud that I inspired you to write the book. I am proud that I am in the book. It is the best birthday present I have ever received. Like you once told me, without me, the book would not exist.
I am proud that I was such a source of inspiration for you.

I have been writing as well. My poetry career has continued to grow. In fact, it has been so successful, I created my own website.

In December of 2013 I created this new blog. I decided to change blogs because the new blog formats offered a translation feature. Readers can pick a language from a list over 60 languages, and have my words translated into their language. There are no language barriers.

 Since the launch of the blog, my writings have become quite popular. To date I have had over 7,600 visits to the site-which is about as many visitors as my first blog had in three years’ time.

I average about 1,400 visits to the blog monthly. I have readers in over 30 countries. I have such a following now,
I created a page in Facebook to share my poetry. I’m even on Twitter and LinkedIn now!

A few months ago I began to research how to publish my poetry. I decided that the best way to publish my poetry is to do it myself.  I have created my own publishing company to publish my poems, and my novel. My company is called “La Luna Press.” The books will literally be from the moon. I created a website as well as a page in Facebook for La Luna Press. You should check it out.

It must be such a sense of accomplishment, to finally have your book published. I will soon know that joy. My books of poetry are in the editing stages now. I will have 4 books available for purchase in print (two in Spanish, two in English), and will have the same 4 books available in an electronic book format. I will release 8 books my first year as a publisher! As I look to the future, I hope to publish the written works of other writers as well. There are many stories yet to be told. It is such an exciting time for me! I have a long list of labels-Esperanza Habla: Poet, Writer, Author, Translator, Small Business Owner, Publisher.


I heard a phrase the other day, a phrase which brought you to mind. It said:
              "The deeper we fall in love, the more unlovable we behave.”
 
That phrase made me think of the end of our friendship. We would not have reacted the way we did if we were not dear friends, if we did not truly care about one another, and about one another’s opinions. I regret the way things ended between us. However, I know it was for the best.

I do not know if you will remember, but we had many conversations throughout our friendship about promises. I still do not like promises. However, you kept a promise to me. I will now keep my promise to you.
My last promise.

Take care little prince, my mime friend. Take care and be well.

 
“He loved you enough to come in to your life so that you would learn what you needed to learn.
Regardless of how he did it.”
                        -Iyanla Vanzant
 
 

Comments