the Heart

I saw a heart the other day. It was just sitting in the road.

I do not know how I noticed it. I suppose I was in the right place at the right time. There it was-a small brown leaf, in the shape of a heart. Lying on the pavement.

I do not know what it was doing there, lying in the road. I do not know how it got there. I do not know whose heart it was.

I thought to myself, why would a heart be in the middle of the road? Why did I see it? Was I meant to see this heart? Was it there for anyone to see? What is its significance?  Had someone lost it? Was it waiting to be found? Did I find the heart? Or, did it find me?

In thinking about the significance of the heart, the answer is simple-love.

Love, like air, is all around us. Love is like energy; it is an ever flowing current of power that has no limits or boundaries. Love cannot be destroyed. Love envelops us into itself.
 
We do not have to find love. We are a part of love. As often happens, we do not have to look for love. Love finds us.
We are found when we least expect it.
 
© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved
 
"The Heart" by Esperanza Habla
 

Comments