Flick Picks


Hello everyone, I hope you are well. I have a wonderful piece of news to share with you all.

I love to participate in social media, specifically my Goodreads account. It allows me to create a virtual library of books I’ve read, books I would like to read, to read reviews written by other Goodreads users, and interact with others like on Facebook or Twitter.

One thing you may not know about me, as often as I read, I love to watch movies. I am a bona fide cinephile.




This year, I tried to watch as many Oscar nominated films as I could this year. I saw half of the nominees in the Best Picture category, and have the rest of the films on order at my library.

When I get off of work, I go home, and watch a movie on TV. I have a few streaming services that I watch on my smart TV, including Netflix, Philo, Kanopy, Hoopla, Tubi TV, Pluto, and more.

Netflix and Philo are paid streaming services…

…Tubi and Pluto are free…



…and Kanopy and Hoopla are offered for free through my library with my library card.


Last year, I shared my favorite books, music, and movies on this blog:


As I compiled that list, I went to my Goodreads account to go over the books I’d read throughout the year. It was then that I learned that there isn’t an equivalent social media site for movies. There’s no site to share what movies and documentaries I’ve watched, to write a review of a movie, to rate a movie, etc.


With that in mind, I have created a new blog:

Esperanza’s Flick Picks

The blog is a place for me to share movies I’ve seen, to write reviews for the movies, to rate the movies on a five star rating scale, and more.

I’ve just started this new blog. As such, there are only two movies on the blog as of yet:
“Love, Gilda”

And “The Photographer of Mauthausen”

In the meantime, I’ve been writing down movie titles I have watched, to review in the coming days and weeks. 

There is a RSS subscription feed on the Flicks Picks blog. There is also a translation feature, as on the Flicks Picks blog, if you do not happen to speak English. There are over eighty languages to choose from.

I have also created a Facebook page for the blog:


If you too are a cinephile and have a great interest in learning about some movies, I hope you’ll join me on my new adventure.

Talk to you soon, and I'll see you at the flickers.

-Esperanza 






Comments