The Gift of the Moon


This week I had the opportunity to reunite with family that live thousands of miles away. As part of our visit, we had “Christmas Part 2”. We couldn’t all be together at Christmas, and this was a chance to get together; while we had the chance, we had a mini second Christmas. There were many gifts that were too fragile to send through the mail. We knew we would be getting together as a family this week, so we decided to wait.

This year for Christmas we had drawn names of who to get a gift for. This year my nephew had my name. I didn’t know what I would receive. I had no expectations. For me, giving a gift is much more important than getting one. I like to put much thought into the gift I am giving, making sure the gift is perfect for that person.

To my surprise, I received a beautiful framed photograph of the moon-that my nephew himself had taken. I have never seen such an image of the moon before. A perfect photo of the moon. The perfect present for me. The gift of the moon.

The moon is my inspiration, my comfort, my companion, my muse. The perfect present for the poet of the moon. ;)

Behold my friend, my inspiration, my muse, the moon.

Thank you David.


© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved


 
© 2012 David McKune


Comments