The Smiling Moon

Did you see it last night? I had never seen it before. It was an amazing sight to see.

Last night, after work, I was walking out to my car. I looked up in the sky to see if I could spot the moon. I never know if she’s in a half moon, crescent moon, or in a full moon. My personal favorite is when the moon is full, and we can see her moonlight and radiance shine throughout the dark night sky.

But when I looked at the moon, I saw something I have never seen before. It was a crescent moon; however, it wasn’t your ordinary every day crescent moon. I had never seen a stage of the moon like it before.

Normally, when you see a crescent moon, you see just a sliver of the moon, on the side of the moon, as shown here…

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiB6k7tJcsm8SjWIvu_tc2_FSkTel5nJzUo9VqPzhOCrya5LXs5_XfgNlQUsvC13KuPLNKcfZdbVFW8-mAzX6Mxa0o3l9McKkVo1Qk78ReYCP_3UIsJ6fjZxrLA5rR_d74JdyLSGXeLcrQn/s1600/CrescentMoonRise.jpg


However, that’s not what I saw last night. I saw a crescent moon, but on the bottom of the moon. It was the most bizarre sight to see. I had never seen anything like that before in my life.

I stopped a moment to really look at what I was seeing, a crescent moon at the bottom of the moon. It was then that it struck me. The moon was smiling.

I have seen some depictions of this phenomena online; it has been likened to the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland. To me it was more of a smile, coy and timid, knowing and assuring, almost like that of the Mona Lisa.

You can compare it to anything you want. To me it was my dear friend, the moon, saying hello, sending me a smile.

So…did you see it last night?

© Poetic content Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved


Comments