I Know

*A letter to a friend

I know what it feels like, to be let down by someone. I know this must be very painful you, because the person who let you down is a family member. I know how it feels to pray for a person, that they would be who they used to be, who they need to be.

I know how it feels, when reality sets in, when the truth settles, and you realize that your prayers were not answered in the way you wanted them to be. I know how it feels to realize that that person cannot be what you want them-or need them-to be.

I know the pain of letting go of those hopes and expectations. I know how it feels to step back from the situation, and step out of their toxicity.

I also know that prayer does work. I know that life, sometimes painfully, goes on. I know that I cannot fix anyone.

I know that everyone on Earth matters, and that we are all here to have experiences and to learn from them. I hope that person will learn everything they are here to learn.

I know that we need to take care of ourselves, love ourselves, learn from the situation, do what is necessary to keep ourselves whole, and distance ourselves from negativity.

I know that talking helps, along with prayer, reflection, writing, as well as shopping and chocolate.

What I want you to know is that I am here for you, however you need me to be.




Comments