Lonely Fedora

Lonely fedora, on the side of the road.

How did you get there? Why are you on the side of the road? Did someone lose you? Did you blow away in a breeze? Does your owner know you are lost?

I remember seeing you in classic Hollywood. You have appeared in many classic movies. I remember seeing you on Humphrey Bogart in “Casablanca”, Gene Kelly in “Singing in the Rain”, on Judy Garland in “Summer Stock”. Iconic images in cinema.

The fedora hat. The epitome of class and style. I have had many hats in my time. (I look very good in hats.) I have always wanted a fedora. But I have never owned one.

It feels so wrong, to see you discarded, in a heap, on the side of the road. If I were your owner, you would be the cherished piece in my hat collection.

I hope your owner comes back for you….
       ……lonely fedora…….

                      ……………….on the side of the road.

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved


Humphrey Bogart, "Casablanca"

 
Gene Kelly, "Singing in the Rain"

 
Judy Garland, "Summer Stock"

Comments