A Life of Abundance

I recently saw a post online that urged the reader to ask for what you want. Asking your friends, family members, for whatever you want. The post also talked about asking God-or your version of a higher power- and the universe for what you want. If you want love, ask for it. If you want wealth, ask for it. If you want a fancy house, ask for it. Ask the Lord and the universe for whatever you want. Ask and ye shall receive, right?

To me, the post made me suspicious. Or maybe dubious is a better word. You can ask for anything under the moon; however, it does not mean that you are going to get it. It is almost like asking Santa Claus for a prized toy. Sometimes Santa Claus brings the toy you asked for; other times he does not.

In the past, I asked friends for what I wanted. I asked my friends detailed, specific things about what I wanted. I received nothing in return. These friends could not give me what they themselves did not have to give.

The more I thought about the post I had seen, I became intrigued. I had asked friends for what I wanted. But I had never asked God for what I want. I had never asked the universe for what I want. If I were to ask God, the universe, for what I want, what would that be? What would I ask for?

After much thought, I knew what to ask for. In a moment of prayer, I decided to be brave, to take the leap, and ask for what I want. I sat in bed, raised my hands skyward, and asked for what I want….a life of abundance.

The word abundance can be described as to be in possession of a great amount of something; the word abundance can also mean prosperity, fullness and benevolence.

I want an abundant life. I want to be successful as a writer. I want my publishing business to be successful. I want to have enough money when I get to my retirement. I want to live in a house by the ocean. I want to meet a man, my indigo knight, fall in love with him and share the rest of my life with him. I want to travel the world. I want to continue to help others as I have been helped.
 
I have done as I was directed. I asked God and the universe for what I want. Will I receive what I asked for?
I cannot wait to find out.


© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved


Comments