Candidly

It is a wondrous thing, to find an artist whose work speaks to you. I would like to introduce you to such an artist. Her name is Kristina McKune. Kristina is a photographer and a true master in her craft. I have been a fan of her work for years. She is a prolific artist whose work is highly collectible. I am fortunate in that I own two of her pieces. Her work is unparalleled. Come see for yourself. Ladies and gentlemen, I present the guest artist for today, Kristina McKune………….


Photographs bring me pure, absolute joy. Seeing the world captured in still imagery has always been a way for me to process and understand it better. I am moved by what other artists choose to capture and share. I am awed by the way photography can raise awareness about global concerns & motivate us to help in whatever way we can. And I love how none of us can escape the flood of memory & emotion when we look at personal snapshots from our own collections.


It's the act of taking the photograph, though, which affects me the deepest. Capturing a person, a moment, a place in a way I feel does justice is one of the most gratifying experiences I am lucky enough to have on a semi-regular basis. Being able to hold an image I have taken and show another person my point of view allows me to truly connect with those around me and with the world at large.
Iceland, 2012


I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree with a concentration in photography from Towson University in 2005. I put my art on hold for years and have only recently allowed myself to pursue it as a full time career. Since relocating to Denver, Colorado I have opened a shop on Etsy where my photographic prints are for sale. I also have launched a line of greeting cards featuring my original photography. Being a small business owner as well as an artist, I am constantly adapting to new demands and learning as I go. The rewards are as numerous as the challenges! I feel incredibly lucky to be doing something I am so passionate about. When you really love what you do, it doesn't feel like work at all.


Field of Dreams site, 2012


     Find me here:

         Website-http://kristinamckune.com/

         Etsy- http://www.etsy.com/shop/Candidly
         Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmckunephoto
         E-mail: kristina@candidly.org

 
Thank you, Esperanza, for sharing your space with me!


Comments