Quiet Sunday

I awake to the sound of a meow. 
One of my cats is meowing to the other. 
They notice I am awake.
They meow at me to feed them.

I am home today.
I do not have to work.
I do not have to go anywhere, see anyone.

I do not feel well.
I am glad to be at home,
      especially because 
           I do not feel well.

I lie motionless on the couch.
I watch mindless television.
I love every second of it.

Warm cozy blanket.
One kitten lying on my chest.
The other kitten lies at my feet.
They know I do not feel well.
They purr in contentment,
        glad to have me home,
              all to themselves.
Their presence helps me feel better.


Soft glow of the lights on the Christmas tree.
So beautiful on such an 
      ugly, dark,
            grey winter day.

I look out the window.
Snow flits through the sky.
So peaceful and relaxing.
So beautiful with the lights of the Christmas tree,
            against a sky of grey.

Warm blanket.
Cats to help me get well.
Mindless television to watch.
Warm glow of Christmas lights
     and flitting snow.

Relax.
Breathe.
Recuperate.


Quiet Sunday.

"Grey Winter Day" by Esperanza Habla

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved



Comments