Gratitude



One of the things that we as human beings need to work on, need to acquire the skill of, is gratitude. I’ve seen some inspirational videos lately, talking about the concept of gratitude and how we need to be grateful for what we have.

I thought about this, and I am grateful for what I have. I have a job, I am able to pay my bills and have a little money left over, I have my own home, a vehicle, two adorable kittens, my health, modern conveniences in my home-electricity, running water, wifi, a group of faithful friends and a family that loves me. But, that is not all I’m grateful for. I’m also grateful for some things I don’t have.

This might be a strange concept. Think about it-there are so many things that we do have, and should be grateful for. But there are also things in our life that we don’t have. We should be grateful for those things as well. For example:

I don’t live in a part of the world where water is unavailable to me. I don’t have a crippling mortgage. I don’t live in a dangerous area. My house wasn’t swept away in a hurricane. I am not in an abusive relationship-physically or spiritually. I don’t have people in my life who are unsupportive of me. I don’t live in fear.

When I am alone, in the solitude of thought, when I think of what I am grateful for, I think of all the blessings in my life, the things I have, and, as equally important, the things I don’t.

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved             www.esperanzahabla.com


Comments