What's New?


I’ve had many people ask me since the new year, “What’s going on? What are you working on? What’s new?” Well, my answer is “Plenty”. 

I’m working on establishing my own publishing business. This means filing paperwork with my state to start my business, filing paperwork with the Internal Revenue Service, etc. I also need to purchase a post office box for my new business. I’ve also begun talking to graphic artists to help me design a logo for my company. I also have to schedule a photo shoot for the “author shot” on the back of the book. I then have to buy a domain name and build another website for my business.

After my company is established, I will work on publishing my books of poetry. I have four in all; they are titled: “I am Hope” and “Just Me”. I would like to publish these in Spanish and English, in both e-book format and print. I need to get some ISBNs (International Standard Book Number), which run $125 each. I might also get some LCCNs (Library of Congress Control Number), so libraries can add my books to their collection. Those thankfully are free.

Currently I’m working on formatting my books of poetry. I downloaded a very nice software program for free; I’m adding the text and formatting the words on the page, and adding images to the book here and there. I began this step of the process last night. The software I am using is fun to work with. The program is very much in my skill set and something I can use with great ease.

Things are coming together. It seems like there are a million things I have to do. (And a thousand dollars I’ll have to pay.) But these things will come with time. And I have plenty of time to get them done. They say every journey begins with one step. I have to crawl before I can walk. Baby steps.

So, what’s new you ask? Not much. You?
© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved

Comments