Indigo Colored Glasses


There is an expression here in the US to look at something “through rose colored glasses”. This means that a person is looking at things in a positive way, or seeing things in a way that is contrary to reality, whether positive or negative.

I have a different set of glasses. My glasses are not rose colored, they are indigo. I am an indigo poet, an indigo person, so it makes sense that I would have indigo glasses. For me, my indigo glasses give me clarity. I notice the world as it passes me by. The things I see become thoughts that swirl around in my head for days, eventually coming to rest in the form of a poem.

I received my indigo colored glasses some time ago. With these glasses I have a much clearer vision. I see the world, myself in the world, the biggest vistas, the smallest details. I see things as they are. From my truth. My reality. Through my indigo colored glasses.



© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved   www.esperanzahabla.com

Comments