Meetings and Partings

I had a ghost from my past write me a note the other day. I knew this person was going to write me. Don’t ask me how.  
I knew this person was going to write me. I am glad this person wrote me. It confirmed to me that, although it was terribly painful, our friendship ending was for the best and absolutely the right thing. Months have passed; I can see their side of things, and I think they can now see mine. But again, my not being friends with this person is for the best.

These people are called ghosts from our past for a reason-because the end of the friendship, relationship, partnership, can haunt us. It is that way for all of us-friends come in and out of our lives at the drop of the hat. People transfer schools, change jobs, lose touch, walk away purposely, and sometimes, sadly, die. 

The people in your life now, they are in your life for a reason. They are teaching you something, showing you something that the universe needs for you to know. Likewise you too are teaching them something, showing them something they need to know. These friends and lovers are in your life for a certain time. The people who aren’t in your life anymore, there is a reason for that. You taught them everything they needed to know. And they did the same for you.

The end of a friendship or relationship can be excruciatingly painful. In times like these, it is wise to take your time and heal from the experience. Look at the good things that happened from the friendship. Learn to look at the bigger picture. Listen to the universe. Learn the lessons that the experience taught you. Pray that the other person learned the lessons they were meant to learn. Begin the slow and agonizing process of forgiveness.

There was a reason the two of you met. And there's a reason that it's over.
 
“Life is made up of meetings and partings. That is the way of it.”-Kermit the Frog-Muppet Christmas Carol

 
© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved




Comments