Ireland Forever


Today is St. Patrick’s Day around the world. Traditionally, this day was created to honor St. Patrick, who used the shamrock to teach Christianity. It has since then taken on a more worldly meaning, a celebration of the Irish culture and heritage.

My pen name is Esperanza Habla, which is Spanish. However, I am an American, of Scottish, Irish and English descent. There are no holidays to celebrate the heritage of people from Scotland or England; all we have is Independence Day, an American holiday, and St. Patrick’s Day.  If you have a portion of Irish heritage in you, celebrate. If not, they say the whole world is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day. Celebrate. 

There is something about the songs of your homeland, the music of your people. I was adopted and do not know my ancestry. However, when I was adopted, I took my family’s heritage. It seems to fit. Even if I had my DNA tested, I bet I would come from Great Britain.

When I hear Celtic music, it fills me. My soul is truly alive. I cannot keep my foot still. My favorite Celtic band or group is Celtic Woman. I think that is fitting, as I am a Celtic woman.

Today I celebrate my portion of my Irish heritage. Here are some examples of music and dancing from Ireland that are some of my favorites. Please watch them and enjoy.

Erin go bragh. Ireland Forever.










Comments