The Journey

Over the past month I have been gathering my poetry to put into book form. The poetry begins with my unsure, hesitant, insecure scratchings with pen and paper. The poetry transforms, evolves over the course of my body of work. And so do I.

I began writing three years ago with the encouragement of a few friends. Being writers themselves, they were profoundly generous with their time and in giving me their thoughts and opinions about what I had written. I was very insecure when I began. I had no idea I had any talent as a writer. I thought that my writings were just scribblings, expressing my thoughts and emotions. When they said that they liked what I had written, I thought they were just being nice. Little did 
I know at the time that I had embarked on a path of reflection, clarity and awareness that would change my life forever.

If someone had told me five years ago that I would become a poet, I would have thought they were insane. If anyone had told me that I would start my own publishing house and publish my poetry, I would have laughed in their face.

As a writer, I write a poem, post it, and share it. It has been said that the Internet is the trash dump for the common man, that it gives every idiot a stage to express their opinions. For me it has given me a platform, a voice, and an audience. I am grateful that I have an audience and that you are indeed listening. I am humbled to hear when something I have written has helped someone. That is profoundly moving to hear.

As I have compiled my poetry together I have taken time to look back on what I have gone through, and what I have learned. Some of my lessons were easy. Most of them were not.

I am thankful to God, the higher power, the universe for teaching me the lessons I needed to learn, about trust, honesty, boundaries, expectations, forgiveness, love. I have grown as an artist, as a woman and as a person in these last three years. I have evolved into the person I am destined to be. I have a new clarity, a new understanding, a new honesty, a new purpose. Thank you for accompanying me on my journey and being there for me in my darkest hours. Help keep me mindful of what I have learned. Help me continue on my path of awareness and clarity. Guide me on my path and teach me the lessons I have yet to learn.

This has been an amazing journey. A humbling, exhilarating, painful,  joyous, humiliating, eye opening, heart breaking, breathtaking, devastating, amazing journey. I will remember this time in my life forever. 
Thank you for sharing it with me.

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved

Comments