Poetry

It should come as no surprise that I have a passion for poetry. I write whenever inspiration comes. I have read poetry of many famous poets. However, I find the most inspiration from my contemporaries.

Last night I had the pleasure to read poetry from an online friend. This person has written for years, and doesn’t have a blog of his writings. His words were filled with passion and power. They leapt of the page, soaring into the clouds. 

After reading some of this person’s poetry, I encouraged this person to begin a blog of his writings. He remarked that maybe a blog should be in English, so more people could read his work. I then told him that he could make a blog like this one, where the reader can choose their own language. There are over 60 languages to choose from. Language doesn’t have to be a barrier. My friend loved this suggestion.

Reading the words of this online friend, reading their poetry, it reaffirms my love of this art form. It makes me want to continue on my path. To write more. To be better.

Poetry is all around us. It’s in the poems we write, of course, but also in the lyrics of a song, the movement of a body in a dance, a performance of a concerto for instruments, in the colors on an artist’s canvas, in the flight of a butterfly.

Poetry is everywhere. You just have to look for it.

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved

“Poetry is the music of the soul”-Voltaire

“People have been writing poetry for you before you were born. We are in a place where we need to use and seize poetry. All of it was made for us.”-Maya Angelou

“Hail poetry, thou heaven born maid. Thou gildest e’en the pirate’s trade. Hail, flowing fount of sentiment. All hail, all hail, divine emollient.” -Gilbert and Sullivan, Pirates of Penzance
 

Comments