Blissfully Foolish

(A letter to the moon)

Hello Luna, my dear friend. I saw you at my window the other night. That was so sweet of you to come and give me comfort. Somehow you always know when I need you. You are always there for me.

Did you hear my news? I formed my new company! I named it after you. It seems only right, given our special bond. There certainly is a strong bond between us.

How did that happen? Well, I know how it happened-I fell in love with a man who loved you. I came to know you through him and grew to love you too. But it is not just with me; you have a strong bond with many.

I have heard tell of people staring at you for hours, even to the point of lunacy. Maybe they are enraptured by your beauty. But, that cannot be all of it. You are like us; your true beauty lies within.
 
I have heard people say that you are a mirror, reflecting our own inner beauty back to us. I have also heard that when people look at you, they see the thing or person they most love. (I have to confess, hearing that phrase made me think of a certain mirror in those famous wizard books.)  I guess to some that could be true. But, when I see you, I see a guardian. A muse. A companion. A friend.

I recently heard that song about you. Have you heard it yet? You probably have-it is a couple of years old by now. I couldn’t believe one of the lines in the song; it said that people are fools if they talk to you!
 
Maybe I am a fool. Maybe writing to you like this, in a way talking to you, is foolish. If that is the case, so be it. I pray I live the rest of my days being unabashedly and blissfully foolish.

Take care of yourself my Luna, my moon. Talk to you soon, my eternal best friend.

 

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved

Comments