Life Altering Changes


Many things have changed in the last week, in the lives of many of my friends. Some of the changes were joyous and exciting, some terrifying and sorrowful. All were life altering.

I do not like negative changes. Many of us feel that way. Often we do not like change because we are challenged by it. It takes us out of our comfort zones; it shows our lack of control. It is an uncomfortable realization.

All of the changes in the lives of my friends, be they joyful or sorrowful, were equal in their intensities. Hearing all of these life altering changes proved to be too much for me. I found that I had to disconnect from the world for an hour or two, and recharge my personal energies.

At first, I felt overwhelmed, hearing about the sorrowful, terrifying changes my friends had experienced. I felt powerless to help them in their time of need. But I was not powerless at all. I did the only thing I could do for my friends-I listened and I prayed.

Things will happen to us in our lives, both joyous and terrifying. Sometimes these changes will alter our lives. In the face of such changes, we must remember that we have a choice in how we react to them. We can embrace the joyous changes, pray about the sorrowful, and be there for one another when these life altering changes occur.

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved


Comments