My Day



"My Day"

An internal monologue


(Yawn)

Oh, I am exhausted. I barely got any sleep. Stupid kittens.

No, I should not say that. I love the kittens. I just do not love the hours they keep. Let me go feed them…..

I am so tired. Well, I should get ready for work. Let me get my bath water started…..

Oooh, this hot water feels so good. It is so restorative. I could stay in here all day.

Darn it, I was going to wash my hair. Maybe I still can, if I lean back in the water…..

Ohhhhhh, this feels so good. It feels good to float in the water. I could stay here all day.

I hear my heartbeat in my ears; it reverberates through the water.

This is beyond luxurious. I could stay here all day.

(yawn)

But I can’t. There are things I need to do.

(yawn)

I’d better get ready for my day.

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved


Comments