Symphonies

Once you meet a true writer, you know. You can tell by the way they speak. They speak in poetry. Sonorous words drip from their tongues like succulent honey. Their words are notes in a glorious symphony.

Some poets and authors write to express themselves. Other authors write for their readers. Others write because they have to. That’s what we do. Writers write.

For me, when I write poetry, it is to express myself, to talk about things that are important to me, or to discuss an issue I’m passionate about.
 
I am also writing my first novel: “Samantha”. When I write in the book, it is different. I am writing it because I have a story to tell. I have more stories in my head right now. I hope to tell all of my stories. I hope to thus, one day, be a professional storyteller.

I do not write melodies or speak in poetry. One could argue therefore that I am not a true writer. I challenge that thought. I was born with this gift, and only discovered it three years ago. I am an apprentice, still learning my craft. I have time to learn. I have time to ply my craft, to tell my stories, to write my melodies, compose my symphonies.

© Esperanza Habla All Rights Reserved


 
 

Comments